The Jean Monnet Project on Comparative Migration (PROCAM) hosted by Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, analyses the implications of intra- and extra-EU migration in the context of the post-Brexit EU. Australian policy makers have a particular interest in the future development of the EU migration policy, the Single Market and its labour markets after Brexit. This conference aims to address developments in migration, labour mobility, and immigration policy in the European Union and Australia.
Key Conference Themes
· Labour mobility and immigration policy (Special areas of interest: Asia-Pacific region and Europe)
· Climate change and refugees (as part of Development and migration theme)
· Comparative Australia – EU migration policy
· EU candidate countries and migration
· The ‘Brexit effect’ on labour migration, and
· Global migration impacts on the Ukraine war.
This is a hybrid event (face-to-face and online) that will run from August 25 – August 26, 2022 and be held at Monash Conference Centre, Level 7, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000 and via Zoom. Please email an abstract of up to 200 words (with a short bio) on one of the key themes to Conference Coordinator, Jessica Quirk at Jess.Quirk@monash.edu
Submission deadline: Wednesday, 6 July 2022.
Additional conference information can be found on the Conference website here.
There is a limited funding for domestic travel and accommodation for selected papers.