Associate Professor Stephen Fortescue (UNSW)
- ‘The political economy of Russia: is it changing?’ in Torbjorn Becker and Susanne Oxenstierna (eds), The Russian Economy under Putin, Routledge, London and New York, 2019, chapter 12, pp.202-18.
- ‘Managing Russia’s resource wealth: coalitions and capacity’, in Andreas R.D. Sanders, Pal Thonstad Sandvik, Espen Storli (eds), The Political Economy of Resource Regulation. An international and comparative history, 1850-2015, University of British Columbia Press, Vancouver, 2019, chapter 5, pp.118-138.
Dr Nina Markovic Khaze (Macquarie University)
- “The Tragedy and Fallacy of NATO’s Balkan Experiment: 20 Years On”, Counterpunch, 10 April 2019
- “The role of pro-reform civil society in Serbia’s accession to the EU: oppositional discourses, watchdog role and EU advocacy“, Australia and New Zealand Journal of European Studies, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 24-48.
Conjoint Professor Roger Markwick (Newcastle University)
- Советский тыл 1941–1945: повседневная жизнь в годы войны. The Soviet Home Front 1941-1945: Everyday Life in Wartime. Edited by Beate Fieseler & Roger Markwick (Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2019).
- Journal of Historical Geography entitled “The kitchen garden movement on the Soviet home front, 1941–1945”. It argues that the Soviet World War II gardening movement helped to avert mass starvation. It also demonstrates how Soviet gardening propaganda invoked motherhood, family and Motherland.
Vice-President of the Association, Dr Milenko Petrovic (Canterbury University)
- Edited Special Issue of the Australian and New Zealand Journal of European Studies (ANZJES), Vol. 10, No. 3. His contributions include ‘Special issue: Serbia on the way to EU membership: the remaining challenges and obstacles‘ pp. 3-8, and ‘Serbia’s relations with its Western Balkan neighbours as a challenge for its accession to the EU’ (with Garth Wilson), pp. 49-68.
Executive Committee members, Emeritus Professor Graeme Gill and Dr Yelena N. Zabortseva (University of Sydney)
- ‘Russian Security Strategy in Central Asia’, In the First edition of Routledge Handbook of Russian Security, edited by Roger E. Kanet (2019).
Dr Alexander Korolev (UNSW)
- “Reluctant Allies: System-Unit Dynamics and China-Russia Relations,” (with Vladimir Protyakov), International Relations, Vol. 33, Issue 1 (March 2019): 40-66.